This interactivity allows you to hide or show a certain object by setting a target object.
First up, let us show you the creation we're going to break down:
What we want to do is, when we click on "Open the Road", the barrier will start to disappear; meanwhile, when we click "Close the Road", the barrier reappears.
So, know that we already know the logic of the creation, let's follow the steps!
How to Hide Objects with the Interactivity Feature
First thing first, choose an object as the trigger. We will choose the "Open the Road" text in this case. Then, click Add Interactivity.
Since we want to hide our target object, choose Hide.
Now, let's choose the target object. You can either choose the same object as the trigger or pick another one. But here, we'll choose the barrier since we want to hide it.
Then, don't forget to set the additional settings!
Here, you can do several things:
- Start Time: Determine the time your object starts to hide after you click or tap on it.
- Duration: Determine the duration of your object when it hides.
- Easing: Specify the motion of your object, so at some points, it may accelerate or decelerate.
For Easing, you can choose among these 4 options:
- Linear: The object's motion will be static.
- In Sine: The object will rotate faster at the end of the motion.
- Out Sine: The object will rotate faster at the beginning of the motion.
- In Out Sine: The object will rotate slower in the beginning, fasten up in the middle, and get slower again at the end.
And you're done! Now, let's click Apply!
How to Show Objects with the Interactivity Feature
Just like hiding objects, showing objects is also pretty much the same.
Since we've hidden the barrier, we're gonna have to put it back—it's when we click on the "Close the Road" text. So, let's click on the text, and choose Add Interactivity.
This time, instead of Hide, let's choose Show.
Don't forget to set the target object as well! We'll choose the same one (of course!), the barrier.
Then, just like the previous step, let's set up the additional settings! Also, make sure to set your Easing.
That's it! All you have to do is click Apply, and you're done!
Ready to give it a whirl? Looking forward to your awesome creations and stay tuned for the upcoming Interactivity tutorials!
In Assemblr, we believe that all people—including you—can create and present your own AR experiences. With an easy-to-use application, Assemblr empowers people to implement AR in any occasion. Interested to unveil more possibilities of AR? Download Assemblr now, available in App Store and Play Store!